Welcome to my areas of specialization! I am an inclusive and affirming therapist that strives to create a safe space for every client. Here, I provide a deeper look into the identities and mental health topics I am particularly skilled and experienced in supporting. Please note that I work with adult individuals only. I am unable to provide support for anyone under the age of 18.
Affirming Care for All of You
- Neurodivergent: As a neurodivergent individual myself,I recognize and value the breadth and diversity of human brains. Whether you’re ADHD, Autistic, or otherwise neurodivergent, I am here to offer my support and knowledge of lived experience.
- Disability: As someone who is also disabled, I am an advocate for disability justice and affirm the rights, value, and worth of individuals with disabilities. I will provide letters of support for accommodations or medical leave in regards to mental health conditions that I can diagnose, such as anxiety, depression, and PTSD. **Please note that in the state of Washington, my license level does not allow me to provide official diagnosis for things that require more intensive psychological testing such as Autism, ADHD, OCD, and other psychiatric conditions. For that, you will need a psychologist or psychiatrist. I can help find referrals if you are a current client of mine.
- Fat Bodies and Body Liberation: As someone in a fat body, I am committed to the affirmation and empowerment of all bodies and counteracting the toxic pressures of Western beauty standards and health policing. I especially provide support and understanding to those navigating fatphobia, and help challenge internalized body shame and promote fat acceptance.
- BIPOC: As a therapist dedicated to social justice (and being BIPOC myself), I am committed to serving and supporting BIPOC individuals. I aim to provide a culturally responsive and sensitive space where you can feel seen, heard, and validated.
- Mixed-Race: I support individuals in their journey of exploring and understanding their mixed-race identity–especially those for whom white is one of their racial identities (a trait I share). I have an additional sub-speciality in assisting white-assumed mixed race people integrate their sometimes polarizing experiences, which I have experienced myself, after moving to the very whitewashed Seattle area.
- Queer/LGBTQ2IA+: All identities within the LGBTQ2IA+ spectrum are welcome and affirmed here. As a queer, genderfluid, aroace, I’ve got lived experience, as well as formal education and training in providing care for my community.
- Kink: I am kink-informed and affirming, understanding the dynamics, stigmas, and emotional landscapes that can come with this territory.
- Polyamorous: I am deeply aware of the complexities and richness of polyamorous relationships and identities. I also have lived experience.
- Sex-Work: I respect and affirm sex workers, and I am committed to providing a non-judgmental space to discuss and navigate the unique challenges and experiences tied to this line of work.
- Activists and Advocates: Activists and advocates face complex emotional and mental stressors involved in their work. I provide a space to unpack experiences, work with vicarious trauma (that often interacts with one’s own trauma), and cope with burnout.
- Therapists and Helping Professionals: We are also activists and advocates and face the same multifaceted experiences and exposure to vicarious trauma. I offer support for my fellow professionals, helping you maintain your mental health and manage the emotional demands of your work.
Helping You Grow, Cope, and Overcome
- Trauma: I am equipped to support you through the process of processing and integrating past traumas, utilizing various therapeutic techniques, including ACT and EMDR.
- Oppression, Discrimination, and Microaggressions: I will help you process the daily oppressions you face and help you come up with ways to take action where possible, or find healthy coping strategies for survival.
- Gender Dysphoria: I can help alleviate the distress associated with gender dysphoria, and foster a stronger sense of identity, self-esteem, and well-being. EMDR can be particularly useful for this.
- Transition Support: I am equipped to provide supportive care for those who are seeking medical transition, including providing required support letters for procedures.
- Anxiety and Panic: I provide guidance for individuals dealing with anxiety and panic, helping you navigate these feelings and develop effective coping mechanisms that take into account both the psychological and biological components involved.
- Social Phobia: I am aware of the unique challenges faced by individuals with social phobia and offer supportive techniques to manage and overcome these fears.
- Inner Critic: I can help you navigate your relationship with your inner critic, encouraging self-compassion and resilience.
- Shame: I provide a safe space to explore feelings of shame, helping you move towards self-acceptance and compassion.
- Perfectionism: I can help you navigate the pressures and challenges of perfectionism, fostering a healthier relationship with success and failure.
- Assertiveness: I offer strategies and guidance to help you cultivate assertiveness and confidence in various situations.
- Boundaries and People Pleasing: I am here to help you understand and establish healthy boundaries in various aspects of your life and to examine the survival needs that may have caused you to become a people pleaser.
- Difficult Decisions: I can offer support and guidance when facing difficult decisions, helping you gain clarity and confidence in your choices.
- Grief, especially around pet loss: I offer compassionate support to those dealing with grief, particularly the profound sadness and devastation associated with the loss of a beloved pet/furkid.
- Search for Life Meaning/Purpose: Together, we can navigate existential questions and explore your life’s purpose and meaning.
- Career Decisions: I can provide guidance and perspective to help you navigate important career decisions and transitions.
- Creative Blocks: I offer strategies and exercises to help reignite your creative passions and overcome blocks.